Sunday Service Times - 主日崇拜時間
Mandarin service 國語堂 10.30AM
Cantonese service 粵語堂 1.30PM
Location (地址): 58a Birkenhead street, London WC1H 8BW
English service 英語堂 11.00AM
Location: 6 Crestfield street, London WC1H 8AT
Church notices - 教會消息
1. YOUTH PASTOR WANTED - Kings Cross Methodist Church is seeking an enthusiastic youth pastor to work with young people who have moved here from Chinese cultures as well as British Born Chinese. The successful applicant will work as part of a team ministry. And we will consider applications for full-time, or a part-time post, or for a training position. There is no deadline for applications. Please apply as soon as you are able to. For further details on the role: trainee or full-time.
2. CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY INTERN wanted - Join our team at West London Mission (WLM) as one of our two Christian Community interns helping to develop and deepen the life of the community through Christian presence within the student house, and through systematic engagement and activities with the community. For more information please visit the WLM website: https://www.wlm.org.uk/christian-community-intern | Deadline: Friday 13th September 2019.
3. King's Cross tuition class 2019 - KX补习班 (中文初级班，数学，英语和音乐)
年龄：适合5-11岁 | 上课时间：中文课星期六下午 13:30-15:30 | 英语，数学和音乐星期六下午 13:30-16:30
4. 2019年福勞家庭蒙:主题"從未來看今天", 於28-31/12 在 Hayes Conference Centre 進行。鼓勵大家邀請親朋好友一起參加這個特會從中蒙福。。請向何钦或陳娟報名參加。截止日期:九月冊目。截止之後報名, 需要另加20%.
5. 2020年的春令會將由本會和Norwich 教會一起籌備。敬請大家預留營會的日期:6-9/4/2020。詳情後定,
Church Prayer and statement (禱告)
Hong Kong situation
The local church is pioneered by a group of faithful believers who are originated from Hong Kong. They still possess many fond and passionate memories of the land which is known to them as the “Fragrant Harbor.” As a church, we are concerned with the current developments in the land which they once called home.
We call on the government and leaders of the land to contain the current situation in order that peace, stability and development may be restored. As human being, we all desire certainty for tomorrow and the assurance of the future for our next generation.
We call on the people to demonstrate maturity and understanding to safeguard the continuous peace and development of the land by working closely with the local authority. Despite of the diverse political stances or opinions, the common goal of keeping order and achieving peace is the prime goal for all.
We trust all will desire to see past the chaos of the moment and focus on the kind of society in which we wish to live. The yardstick of our actions should be governed by the golden rule to cherish each other as we cherish ourselves.
A Prayer for Hong Kong
Holy and Gracious God, Lord of All and Giver of Life,
We hold before you the people of Hong Kong and those connected to it.
We pray for an end to the violence and for your peace and justice to be known.
We pray for your guidance that the leaders may have wisdom and strength to discern a way forward that respects the value of each person.
We pray for the churches that they may be witnesses to your love and mercy, and be beacons of hope.
We remember your faithfulness to us, and that with you, all things are possible.
We pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, Amen.
Essex lorry incident (23rd October 2019)
The church welcomes migrant community(s) from different foreign lands. We all desire peace and prosperity in the land that we now dwell and the land where we come from.
We are shocked and saddened by the incident where 39 persons lost their lives and dreams while they perished in a lorry container which was found in Essex. This incident is a repetition of the Dover incident where 58 persons died 19 years ago.
The church prays for the deceased and their respective families and love ones, though we know them not. We ask the loving God to receive these souls into his abode and the abiding peace of the Emmanuel God to comfort their respective love ones with the hope of resurrection.
We pray for the syndicate group(s) that at the sight of the lost lives, they shall remember the sanctity and value of life. Above all, to know that mankind should enjoy equal opportunity in life for all are created in the image and likeness of God. We shall love and cherish one another.
We pray for the government of the countries represented by the church members to have wisdom and understanding to lead and govern their respective land where the dreams and hopes of their countrymen may be materialized.